Visit San Augustine

Augus Theatre / Museum Theatre

Constructed in the 1920s by prominent citizen E. H. Blount, this building was originally divided for three businesses including a barber shop.

The structure is best known for the Augus Theatre, operated by William M. Wade from 1927 until 1972.

Russell Lee photographs taken in the 1930s assured the authenticity of a 1990s renovation.

The theatre currently houses the San Augustine County Historical Society.

Located at 110 E. Columbia St.